After a couple of episodes last night & this a.m. where Erika's right eye (the one that took part of the beating from her nose) goes "totally black & then, when the vision comes back it is like someone is shaking (her) eyeball". Accompanied by nausea, dry heaving, double vision & dizzy spells - I took her down to Children's Hospital's ER this morning. They were able to control her nausea w/ medication & said that her closed head injury / concussion was worse than originally thought. No surprise. But, that there doesn't appear to be bleeding in her brain from yesterday's CT Scan. So, lots of laying low, pain meds & nausea meds for now. She loves the double vision & bursts into laughter as she tells me, "Momma - you have 4 eyes, 4 eyebrows - that look like one BIG uni-brow - & 2 noses & mouths! AND lots of double chins!" Momma not thinkin' it is THAT funny. Momma thinks her vision may be fine, sadly enough. :)
THANK YOU baby sis, Teresa, for being my safety net w/ kids & conflicts today. I wish everyone had a sister / best friend like you - that is what family really is all about.
THANK YOU baby sis, Teresa, for being my safety net w/ kids & conflicts today. I wish everyone had a sister / best friend like you - that is what family really is all about.
1 comment:
Did we totally freak out Erika with our crazy wigs and her double vision? If you haven't noticed, you are always my safety net, so I'm just repaying the favor, but I'm still in debt to you! Love you!
Post a Comment