Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FOOMPH!!!

So, this is always an interesting sound to hear.... FOOMPH!

I was working in the kitchen - I hear multiple "THUDS" & then a crazy LOUD "FOOMPH"! I thought for sure that someone fell to their death on the stairs! I ran around the corner as quickly as I could - only to find.....
My 3 year old son, Brock, grinning ear to ear & clutching both hands tightly to the sides of the LID of the girls' toybox - which he successfully RODE all the way down our flight of stairs! In my shock & horror, all that came out of my mouth (to my teenager's entertainment) was, "ARE YOU ON DRUGS OR SOMETHING???!!!" Brock just looked at me w/ humongous eyes full of thrill & excitement, a huge smile from ear to ear & zero processing of what was coming out of my mouth at multiple decibels! I'm sure he was stuck revelling in his 'moment'...

I'm glad he lived through his lack of judgement... now, I may have to kill him! :)
Sidenote: Notice his "Safety Gobbles (goggles)" hanging on the bannister? :)

5 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I'd be freakin' that that the wood floor would be all scratched up.. then I'd worry about my child's safety.. I am a horrible Mom I guess! He looks like he was having a riot!

shelly said...

That is hilarious! It sounds like something Tyler would have done at that age. Boys are fearless...

Alyssa/Jo said...

I love riding down the stairs! Can I come over and use yours?

Eldrberry Grove said...

Very inventive to use the toybox lid...little boys...gotta love 'em!

The Thompson's: said...

You're lucky. Last time I heard a "FOOMPH" and ran to see what had happened I found the TV on the floor and a hole in the wall.